May 2, 2020

APRIL WRAPUP (aka the month of similar days)


Hi,

April is sad. And I don't even want to talk about missing everything again. This quarantine is really, really getting into me.

ANYWAY, the month started well for me reading-wise. I speed through Insurgent and The Silent Patient but after that, I felt that I got stuck with a bad slump. I ended up watching movies and a few anime series in between. I waited for the Dewey's 24hr Readathon and pushed myself to read. I finished and LOVED Ghosted. After that, I got into a really good mood so I picked up It again and I'm reading it. Not THAT fast but still reading it steadily and I think it's going fine 😊


books read


The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides | Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth | Love & Luck (Love & Gelato #2) by Jenna Evans Welch | For Whom the Book Tolls (An Antique Bookshop Mystery #1) by Laura Gail Black | Ghosted by Rosie Walsh | Strange Planet (Strange Planet #1) by Nathan W. Pyle

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts👇
The Silent Patient (medical thriller) - this book had mixed thoughts so I was a bit apprehensive when I read it. BUT I ended up really liking it. I don't really want to look up what others thing at this point. I enjoyed it and that's it.
Insurgent (book by an author in their 20's) - I liked it better this second time around? I didn't up its star rating though but I liked it better than the first time I read it. On to Allegiant we go. Probably this May.
Love & Luck - loved this more than the first book! Generally I think I loved this because of the sibling relationship
For Whom the Book Tolls (book with a pun in the title) - this was an okay read. Not very gripping and I didn't really care much about the main character. Also, it was kind of disappointing in the bookshop aspect of it.
Ghosted (book about or involving social media) - I had conflicting feelings about the whole premise but then I ended up really liking the ending. Maybe around 70% in the book, I found myself really liking when it's going.
Strange Planet - just a fun and quick read. Try some through Nathan W Pyle's instagram or facebook page. You won't regret it.

*   *   *

books hauled


These Women by Ivy Pochoda | Halsey Street by Naima Coster | A Fire Sparkling by Julianne Mclean |  The First Mrs. Rothschild by Sara Aharoni

I got These Women through Harper Collin's email promo I think. I read through the first chapter and really got into it. The next three books are free from Amazon Kindle for a limited time for World Book Day). I haven't gone out so new physical books for me.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know the quarantine life is not for everyone. I am glad you were able to pull yourself out of the slump. Back when I read Love & Luck, I felt like a black sheep (ha!), because I loved it! I adored the family focus, and really enjoyed the journey, both physical and emotional, that they took. I am so amped about the third book, though I just found out it was pushed from July to November. *sad face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, I didn't know it was pushed back to November. It's totally understandable though. Family-centric books probably just isn't everyone's kind of read. I'm all for relatable sibling books so there's that for me. Thanks, Sam! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...