August 4, 2020

10 Books I'm Too Scared To Read But Should Really Get to Now


Hi,

My last 2 TBRs worked out so well for me that I decided to continue this thing. Heck, I have scheduled my themed TBRs until December and I'm just so excited to see those books when the month comes.

My last TBR which was about books I had on my TBR shelf the longest went well. Obviously I can't read everything but I LOVE having choices. I was able to get through 3 of these and reread 2 books in preparation for one of the books in this list. W I L D. lol.

This month, I decided to let this be my mood read month and pick anything I want. But would I really pass up on picking books? I decided to twist it to books I've been too scared to read.


I bought this because it says "bookish" right there in the title. Then everyone at the Popsugar Reading Challenge Facebook Group recommends it. THEN Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books recommends it. I'm kind of scared because what if I don't like it. BUT that's the point of this TBR, I guess! I'm excited for this!
I started this back then. But got too busy and never picked it up again. I really like Backman's narration and I'm really banking on that. And after really loving A Man Called Ove, I'm just too scared that this might not live up to that one.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter #5) | J.K. Rowling
It's HUGE! The thickest book in the series. And you know I don't like thick books. Over 500 books aren't my thing that's why they pile up in my shelf. But this year, I've done a good job getting through some 500+ pages books. Hopefully this one as well.
The Library of Auschwitz | Antonio Iturbe
I shared this on one of my Books from the Backlog post. The thing with this is that it's one of those books that needs me to be on the right head space for. Sad and heartbreaking books are kind of heavy reads. So I'm not always in the mood for them and that's why they also kind of pile up on my shelf even though I like historical books.
The Fountains of Silence | Ruta Sepetys
Kind of the same reason for The Librarian of Auschwitz. It's a Ruta Sepetys (Between Shades of Gray, Salt to the Sea) book so I'm sure it's going to be quite a heavy read.


The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club #1) | Lyssa Kay Adams
I am kind of hyped with this because it's a "book club" book and I LOVE books about books (as you've probably notice with the Bookish Life of Nina Hill). And with all the really good review for this one, I also just get a little scared. But with the mixed books I have on this list, these 2 chicklit books are definitely a good way to balance my different genre each read kind of reading style.
This one is a combination of reasons for me: (1) this is T H I C C. Huge book and I'm scared of that as I've already said, and (2) this is another hyped book! So many people loved it. Quite a few people didn't like it. I want to love it. I love the premise but just what if I don't enjoy it. It's kind of a whodunit kind of mystery with probably a little paranormal kind of aspect. Still really interesting, to be honest.
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) | Jay Kristoff
Nevernight has mixed reviews. Some really LOVE it and some really just can't get on with it. And they said it's the writing. If it's for you, that's good. If not, sorry. And I'm kind of scared of that. Because I kind of like the sound and hype for this but flowery writing doesn't seem to be my thing. Or maybe it still kind of depends. so maybe it's a hit or miss for me. I don't know.
I have zero clue what this is actually about but it's loosely based on the Brontë's and I'm all for that. Scared that I might not like it? For sure!
Hyped book! I borrowed this probably in 2018 from my best friend because I was so hyped. And it was compared to The Girl on the Train and I remember kind of liking it when I first read it. I had this on my TBR in June for my Borrowed Books TBR. Hopefully I can finally get through with this.

On a final note, it's my birthday today 😀


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you have books that get stuck in your shelf just because you're too scared to read them? What makes you scared to pick up a book? 

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. So much pressure! I hope you love Nina as much as me. A Backman book is always good too. His books are wonderful. And I am a solid Bromance fan, so fingers crossed you love the boys as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pressuring myself to get to books I want to read! hahaha. I've only read A Man Called Ove and have been too scared to read his books since although I've only heard nothing but fantastic things about them! I have a good feeling I'll love both Bookish Life of Nina Hill and the Bromance Book Club :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...