August 30, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm finally drawing again


Hi,

I've gained a bit of motivation to actually be somewhat consistent with things. The only problem I have right now is actually waking up early which is a disaster, to be honest.

This week, I lay low on playing Sims and focused on doing my art because I've been in a slump since I drew myself for my birthday. I had an unfinished drawing left because of the slump and I decided to remake it from scratch keeping only the extremely rough sketch I made 👇👇👇 Without a drawing tablet, that's how I do my sketches. lol. Once I get one, I'm sure things will look better and will also be easier for me. I'll have my art up at some point this weekend 😊

This week has been wild especially this weekend. But that's just me reacting to Chadwick Boseman's passing and my current fave Yankee, DJ LeMahieu, finally going back to the lineup and breaking the losing streak.

But yeah, it's wild that Chadwick Boseman died on Jackie Robinson day then you remember that he played Jackie Robinson in the movie '42'.


With that sad news aside, I am so glad that DJ LeMahieu is finally back! BACK!


Last thing I want to share is this set of photos I took of my current read. I had fun. That's it.

current reads

The Bromance Book Club | Lyssa Kay Adams
I am enjoying thissss!!! I'm only 60+ pages in and I just know that I'll love this to the end. I LOVE both Thea and Gavin, the who fighting toxic masculinity, reading romance novels to really know what women wants. It's just too adorable I LOVE IT!

Sorry I Missed You | Suzy Krause
I'm back to reading this again and I'm really enjoying it! I love Maude for being the curmudgeon that she is. I'm curious of Mackenzie's mysterious life before the apartment. And, of course, I love Sunna being the annoying Sunna that she is.

ON THE BLOG
Review: Evernight (Evernight #1) by Claudia Gray (2-stars, don't read. not worth it)
Review: Night Film by Marisha Pessle (MUST READ!)
September TBR: unread books from my 2018 and 2019 #MIBF trips!


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

1 comment:

  1. It's so sad when anyone dies, but a rather young person's death always hits a bit harder. At least he will be remembered fondly. I am HUGE fan of the Bromance books and am happy to hear you are enjoying book 1. Those guys are a hoot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...