January 30, 2021

2021 Reading Goals


Hi,

My 2020 goals turned out well generally because it's mostly centered on my purchasing habits. I still hope to continue it this year though but I won't be adding those goals to this year's list because why even. I won't even be going out much this year, I think.

For my 2021 goals though, they are fairly general and somehow I want to just do better in reading than what I did last year. They're fairly easy and I think that I can accomplish all of them (except maybe the Popsugar one because we'll see how much I can go out and look for books for specific prompts there). 

2020

Read 51 Books. Goodreads obligatory challenge. lol. I read 59 books and I'm happy with it.

Finish the 2020 PopSugar Reading Challenge. I was going quite strong but I don't own books that would complete some challenges and the pandemic prevented me from visiting the bookstores more often and there's no way I'm getting them in Kindle when they're almost the same price as a normal paperback.

Reread books. I reread a good amount of books in 2020. I finally finished the Divergent series after rereading the first two books as well as the Evernight series after rereading the first three books. I also reread one of my fave books, Unwind by Neal Shusterman.

Read books I own in 2018 or earlier. I read 35 books I own out of 59 books. I'm really happy about that.

Buy trade paperbacks over hardcovers & international paperbacks. I bought four (4) trade paperbacks this year, two (2) hardcovers, and two (2) international paperbacks and a whole lot of Kindle ebooks. lmao. I don't know if I can count this so maybe I'll just not include this goal in the total count.

Stop getting multiple editions of Wuthering Heights. I did not get any copy of Wuthering Heights this year but I lowkey put that on the pandemic lockdown but I'd still call it a win.

Go to secondhand bookstore when stress buying. I did that during the first week of the year. But I also went on to go stress buying two times at the my fave bookstore. So I'd say that didn't go well.

Review more books. I generally posted more this year than any other years. So I guess that's a win.

Get back to bookstagram. this I didn't do. I probably posted like 3 to 4 times a month.

Get back to my art (aka lettering and watercolor stuff). I probably went back to art mid-year but I'm also doing them on-and-off. So I don't know, to be honest. But then also why is this on my "Reading Goals"? lmao. So I'm not counting this as well.

5 / 8


2021

Read 52 Books. Goodreads obligatory challenge. lol.

Finish the 2021 PopSugar Reading Challenge. I failed last year but I'll still try it this year. I read enough books but some of them just don't fit but the challenge also pushed me to read some books I've been holding off.

Read big books. Time to read big books on my shelf, I guess. I'm counting all books over 500 pages. I started one already. I don't own it but all is good. Still counting it.

Read books I own in 2020. I don't know if I'll get to go out freely and but more books but I'm already calling it, I will prioritize reading books I own on years before.

Reread books. Still putting this here because I want to reread a few more books. I'm getting through the rest of the Unwind Dystology this year as well as the entire Red Rising Saga before the final book comes out. I am HYPED for that! I'm also eyeing the Throne of Glass series but we'll see.

Read more ebooks. I set my Kindle goal (over at the app, apparently they have that now) to 20 last year and I don't think I made it to half of it including ebooks I got from Netgalley which makes it worse! But this year, I'm claiming it, I'm getting over that 20 ebooks.

I guess those are reasonable goals.
I think. I hope I accomplish all of these this year.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How did you do in your 2020 reading goals? What goals do you have for 2021? How many books do you plan to read this year?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. Pop Sugar is such a hard challenge, so good for you! I did it once or twice, but too many categories were things I wasn't interested in. *shrugs* I do admire all who take it on. Good luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand you with some of the prompts not really being that interesting for you and that's totally understandable. Thank you, Sam!

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping to read a lot of what I already own and what's been sitting on my shelf for awhile already. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's always included in my goal, read already owned books. hahaha. Thanks, Lauren!

      Delete
  3. You did so well, Czar! This year, I'm endeavouring to do Barack Obama's 2020 book list so I'm anxious. Those books are heavy hitters. Lol.

    I wish you all the best in 2021. I know you'll crush your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably came across that list as well but I usually don't want to follow a specific list of books to read. but hey, it's Obama's list so they're probably good.
      Thank you! Hope you do well in yours too! :)

      Delete
  4. I want to read some big books this year too. I sometimes shy away from them because I am trying to get though more books. I love rereading books and hope you are able to visit some of your favs. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!! Here's hoping we read more big books this year! Thanks, Alicia! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...