December 9, 2020

NOVEMBER WRAPUP (aka the month of more rough things)


Hi,

This is such a late wrapup but we're still gonna roll with it because why not.

November was not kind and I was not happy. We're not going back to that. Not much here but here's some.

Also, not a November thing but early December (December 3rd I believe), I did something that isn't very much like me. If you've read my acknowledgement of my feelings for my best friend, then here's a major followup to that. Probably the pandemic did this to me and being apart from my best friend for so long pushed me to do this. But I finally confessed my feelings and it didn't end the way I wanted to (aka the two of us in a relationship. I'll probably write a more personal post about this at some point). That sucks but whatever. We're still talking and all. It's like nothing happened so it lowkey unsettles me. We'll see each other probably late December or early January (and it's going to be the first time we'll see each other since the pandemic started! We talk every single day though). So whatever with that. I did cry if that's worth mentioning (probably not) and giving myself time to just be dramatic over it allowed myself to be okay with actually still talking to him like how we really are. I considered returning all his things back including stuff he gave me. But I reconsidered it after I rechecked myself at how I am with still interacting with him and generally, I'm good.

Cringe drama things aside, I did a mini-drawing project and I'm somewhat happy with how this turned out. I've been drawing quite a lot recently so there's that.

First set of my #sixfanarts Had fun doing and I was really able to test out my style. I also go through things I didn't...

Posted by Tsarina on Thursday, December 3, 2020

Now that I've gotten that out once again (in a more open space that he probably never really looks at. lmao), let's proceed to this wrap up!

books read


Where'd You Go, Benadette by Maria Semple | The Weight on Skin (Red #2) by Beena Khan | The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn | Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts👇
Where'd You Go, Benadette (published on your birth month) - I enjoyed this more than I expected. I like the format. I like Bernadette. I had those frustrating moments for all characters involve aka Bernadette, her husband, her neighbors. But in the end, I really like how this wrapped up, how everything was explained.
The Weight on Skin - I got this for review. After I read and enjoyed the first book, The Name of Red, the author messaged me if I wanted to read the 2nd book. I'm just like, why not? I read it and I didn't like it as much as the first book. It had a different focus and parts of it kind of put me off and infuriated me. I didn't like one of the characters and somewhat what she has done to the main character. Then there's an aspect of the book that feels kind of off for me. Will have a full review sooooon!
The Woman in the Window - I thought I'd like this (setting aside the controversy the author is currently facing). It was okay but then I was quite frustrated with the main character. I mean why do things they tell you not to do!? Then the twist was good but also predictable. When it was revealed, I didn't really care much. So there's that.
Holding Up the Universe (with a character with a vision impairment or enhancement) - I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. I like Libby setting aside her focus on romance and wanting to have sex or something in the beginning. I liked Jack and I was really curious of his face blindness. That was an interesting condition to read. Some parts of this book, I didn't care about and somehow can also be skipped or something for me. I like the connection of Jack and Libby though, that made the romance feel so good in the end.

book haul


Glass Town: The Imaginary World of the BrontĂ«s by Isabel Greenberg | The Lost Village by Camilla Sten | The Little CafĂ© in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes #1) by Julie Caplin | Girl of Glass by Megan O'Russell

Glass Town is a pre-pandemic pre-order and I FINALLY got it. It arrived at my local bookshop in September then I had my dad pick it up in October. I browsed it, admired the illustrations, and sealed it for now. I'll read it early next year. The Lost Village is something I got from Netgalley. I forgot where I got the link tbh but I didn't exactly request for it. The Little Cafe in Copenhagen and Girl of Glass are a Kindle Deals and freebie respectively.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. I read the woman in the Window before I heard about the controversy. Yikes! Hope that December is a better month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out about the controversy after starting a couple of pages and was about to update my goodreads. hahaha. I ended up reading it just because I already have it and I've had it since 2018, I think. Thank you, Greg!

      Delete
  2. I had listened to Where'd You Go Bernadette, and it was fun. You Lilo is so cute! Love the fan art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the format Where'd You Go Bernadette used. Thanks, Sam! I still have a few requested fanarts on the works and I'm really excited about that :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...