December 21, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where I FINALLY got a drawing tablet and more physical books!!


Hi,

It's been a while.

Few life updates...
(1) I went out last weekend to see my book best friend, I got a drawing tablet (he sold it to me for almost half the price. prob 40% off the actual price)!! I've tried it and it's so comfy to draw with it!!!
(2) Aside from the drawing tablet, I also got a good amount of books from him. I returned 15 books to him and got 6 new books to read. Including the Chaos Walking trilogy!! Excited for that!!!
(3) I also dropped by the bookstore and had to get at least a book. SO I bought Crazy Stupid Bromance, the third book in the Bromance Bookclub series. They don't have the 2nd book in stock so I ended up grabbing this one. lmao. Please do let me know if it's okay to read this without reading the 2nd book.
(4) Christmas this Friday? I'm so excited for that! I've wrapped gifts. I'll spend the holiday with my family and my aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mother's side of the family which is what we usually do (and generally because we live so close by).

The things he gave me and the books I brought back to him.

current reads

Pretty Little Wife | Darby Kane
I feel pretty indifferent about this one. I'm intrigued but I also I don't care much about the things happening. I also have to admit that I don't have actual theories on the mystery aspect. There also aren't much thrill or suspense for this. Told mostly in Lila's, the pretty little wife, perspective and while she gets these notes that may or may not be from her missing (or supposed to be dead) husband or from his murderer (if he's dead) and for some reasons, I don't care at all. It doesn't give me that excitement to know what's up.

The Bookish Life of Nina Hill | Abbi Waxman
I LOVE THIS!! I LOVE NINA HILL!! I LOVE THE NARRATION! The romance is finally going on strongly and I AM HERE FOR IT!! And generally, I love the parts where Nina is still quite unsure with life just because I feel so much for her. I'm 28yrs and while I so well organize  my life, the things I do, and make up all these lists, here I am still unsure and too scared of life. Although, I do wish I can pull up references as quick and good as Nina Hill.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

8 comments:

  1. Yes, you can read Crazy Stupid Bromance without reading the second one - you are already familiar with the characters and you'll be fine! Also I note that best book friend loves thrillers - yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! It was mystery/thriller books that got us together in the first place. And so far it's working really well :)

      Delete
  2. That drawing tablet sounds fun, and ooh I love those new covers on the Dune books. Hope your stack of new books is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me excited to draw all over again! Same! I LOVE the new Dune covers! I'm really excited to read The Chaos Walking series from that stack :)

      Delete
  3. You can read the 3rd book without reading the 2nd one, but there are mentions of plot points from the previous book. Still think they stand on their own enough though. YES! I am so glad to see you are enjoying Nina Hill. I adored that book. One of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! I'll probably get to it. I cannot believe I was too scared to get to this. You were definitely one of those who really pushed me to get to this!

      Delete
  4. I love the Chaos Walking Trilogy! I hope you enjoy that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really hope to love it as well. Thanks, Alicia!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...