January 6, 2021

DECEMBER WRAP UP (aka the month of calming down)

Hi,

December somewhat helped me calmed down from all the mess.

I'm happy to finally get a drawing tablet which I mentioned the weekend I got it. I did a few drawings but I haven't been in a really good mood to just sit down and draw. I have too much idea in my head though. So there's that. I hope I get into them soon.

Over the Holidays, I sister also stayed with us for 2 weeks. It was all fun although a bit worrisome since she goes out quite a lot and we try to not do that around here. She isn't that scared with the virus as much as we are here but aside from that, we had a fun time. We watched a few decade old movies aka those old High School Music movie trilogy and those Resident Evil films. Rewatching old films was just fun even though we're just out here lashing out on all the wrong things we noticed and never cared about before.

Christmas-wise, as usual, I didn't get books for gifts. Every year, I just cry out I want books but never get them. But my sister got me printed out sticker copies of artworks which is really nice. I didn't expect that to be honest. 

books read


Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson | Pretty Little Wife by Darby Kane | The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman | Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld

quick thoughts right here
👇
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - I didn't love this as much as I expect myself to. I blame my lack of interest in the "classic" style of writing as well as my prior knowledge to the concept of this novel. I lowkey think that knowing the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde being one and the same somewhat took out something from me for this book. I really need to rethink about my plans to read more classics.
Pretty Little Wife - I was interested in this when I first saw this generally because it sounds like the typical trope-y thriller/suspense I'd like but somehow it didn't work out for me. I generally think it was the writing or how things were generally iterated and so in your face which is clearly a "me" issue.
The Bookish Life of Nina Hill - this, I absolutely love. I was thinking between giving it a 4.0 to 4.5 to. 5.0 stars generally because something lowkey bothered me but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter and I really loved this! I love the bookseller aspects, the LOVED Nina Hill as a whole, I relate to her quite a bit, and I love the family aspect of this!
Afterworlds - Didn't like a huge chunk of this book.

I just realized that December wasn't a pretty good reading month for me, I see. lmao

book haul


Tender is the Flesh by Agustina Bazterrica | Final Girls by Riley Sager | The Loop (the Loop #1) by Ben Oliver | Crazy Stupid Bromance (the Bromance Bookclub #3) by Lyssa Kay Adams

First three are Kindle Deals / Sale on Kindle stuff. I keep seeing Tender is the Flesh recommended by people who like horror. I read the synopsis and I'm hooked! Final Girls is just one of those books I've been intrigued but never really got a chance to pick up. The Loop just sounds like one of those early 2000s - 2010s dystopian/apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic book series and I'm so here for it! Crazy Stupid Bromance is just one of those books I've been hoping to get. Well I was hoping to get book 2 first but it wasn't available then so I ended up getting this. lmao.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Czai! It's so amazing to me how different every country is when it comes to handling the virus. We are on total lockdown so we weren't able to visit relatives during the holidays. I'm glad you guys were sort of back to normal.

    I got one book for Christmas and a whole shit load of gift cards from my local bookstore, so that's even better, I think. :D

    I adore Nina Hill! I'm glad you did too!

    Have the best of 2021, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of back to normal but I also would rather people still believe that the virus still exist. But yes, I'm glad I get to spend it with relatives.
      I'm really jealous of your gift cards! hahaha. Nina Hill was such a great way to end the year for me. loved it so much!

      Thanks, Joy! Here's to hoping 2021 will be better!

      Delete
  2. I love hear you gushing about Nina Hill. I am smiling just thinking about that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely reading every Abbi Waxman book I can find now!

      Delete
  3. Watching old films and ripping on them a bit is so fun. :)

    The Loop looks good and Riley Sager- I need to read him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun. I don't think I ever tried it until recently.

      I'm reading the Loop and I'm somewhat getting bored with it. I feel that there's too much infodump but I'm just reading on. I also really want to read Riley Sager's books!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a nice visit with your sister even if it was a bit stressful because of the virus. It is nice to go back and watch old movies from time to time. I hope you have a great January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun since it's been quite a white since we spent this much time together with the virus and lockdowns. Thanks, Carole! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...