January 9, 2021

10 Books I Got for Free (when I worked in my local bookstore)


Hi,

I'm doing my monthly tbr/themed reading challenges!! For this month, I decided to pick up books I got in January of 2018!! which are generally books I got from my local bookstore for free when I was still working there. I miss those days, to be honest, but it is what it is.

I have more free books but I just picked these particular books up just because these were the books I got in January of 2018 (just because January and it's the year I left the bookseller life).

Most of these, if not all, I'm not exactly familiar with. I actually checked this book haul and wow, I barely read these books but I'm not surprised with that. lmao.


Map of Fates (the Conspiracy of Us #2) | Maggie Hall
I got this along with the first book and because it's for free, I just picked this up mindlessly because I read positive things about book one which I ended up not liking at all. I kind of just want to read this so that I can just get through with it.
The Association of Small Bombs | Karan Mahajan
I just see this quite a lot in the bookstore then and I was a bit curious. Just checked the rating and it's 3.5-ish which doesn't reassure me that I'll like this. 
Wink Poppy Midnight | April Genevieve Tucholke
I see this a lot around book blogs when it was released so here I am! lol. I have zero clue what this is about at this point but I'm sure it'll be quick read. 
Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts #1) | Vic James
I have no idea why I got this. Probably just the panic for free books.
The Weight of Zero | Karen Fortunati
I posted this on one of my Books from the Backlog posts. I think this is a mental health related books and while I was sooo hyped to get this then, I ended up putting it off once I finally got it because I know for sure that this is going to be one of those hard hitting, heavy books.


Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion #1) | Rosalyn Eves
I've posted this way too many times now. I hope I get through this this time around. Also, I just love that cover.
The Other Widow | Susan Crawford
I do not know what this is about. Must be about the other widow. Who knows? It's got a low rating on goodreads: 3.32. I grabbed this on the discarded old ARC piles probably because it looks psychological thriller enough for my taste. Haven't even check the synopsis to this point (in my defense, it's a thriller so why should I check?)
Strange Weather | Joe Hill
My friend/co-worker got a copy of this and because this isn't her type of read, she gave it to me. Not that I've read Joe Hill novels but you know, I'm always up for any thriller/horror stuff.
Everything Belongs to Us | Yoojin Grace Wuertz
Another one of the several books my friend/co-worker gave me. This is a historical fiction, I believe, and she does not read much of those (until I got her to read Between Shades of Gray). Well she still does not read much of that but she isn't much into serious reads.
I picked this up because: (1) it's scifi I think, (2) Mira Grant (because I want to read more of her books), and (3) why not? it's free. I don't think I've read mermaids but Mira Grant writing it intrigues me (not that I've read many of her books but people talk highly of her, I believe).


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you ever revisit your book hauls and check out which ones you've read? and which ones are still waiting to be read? Which one of these should I get to first?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. Lord, I've done so many book hauls so that's probably impossible. I did try to revisit my very first bookstagram post - which was a book haul and figured out how many of them I've read. Spoiler alert: not too many. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book hauls only went up to 2013 blogging-wise.So it only took me an hours or two to find them all (including books I failed to share). This pandemic/lockdown really made me want to go through all the books I've forgotten in my shelf so here we are. lol

      Delete
  2. Wink Poppy Midnight was so weird, but I liked it. I thought the writing was really beautiful too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a short book so it's really high on my list right now :)

      Delete
  3. I like the look of some of these! Into the drowning Deep was kind of a trip...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been curious of Into the Drowning Deep when I first saw it

      Delete
  4. I really want to read Strange Weather and Into the Drowning Deep. I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole! I don't read short story collection but I've been very eager to try Strange Weather!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...