January 4, 2021

My Year in Books in 2020

Hi,

I did this post for my 2019 Year in Books and I thought why not do this again 😊

2020 was a wild year. However, read-wise, I think I did better than 2019 which is such a good thing. Although I really give credit to the fact that I barely left home and work had to be done at home thus cutting a significant amount of time wasted on tiring commute.

This year, I set my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal to 51 and I surpassed that goal with 59 books read unlike the 30+ books I got through in 2019. This is also the first time I somewhat seriously took up the Popsugar Reading Challenge that while I failed to complete it, it still pushed me to get through books I probably wouldn't have picked up. So it's still a win for me.

Aside from this post, I'll be having more end of the year and early 2021 posts in the next few days!! 

I read 19,978 pages across 59 books
AVERAGE LENGTH: 338 pages


SHORTEST BOOK (55 pages)
LONGEST BOOK (734 pages)
No Longer Human  by Junji Ito, Osamu Dazai (Creator)


              

[ I am soooooo not into poetry. But I pushed through this because why not. I really wouldn't want to count No Longer Human as my longest book since it's a manga but damn it was heavy while I was reading it. Aside from No Longer Human though, the longest traditional books I read were: Night Film and Afterworlds which are both 599 pages ]

MOST POPULAR READ - 4,110,783 people also read ---
Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth
LEAST POPULAR READ - 228 people also read ---
Mission 27 by Mark Feinsand, Bryan Hoch


[ my reread of the Divergent series and ultimately finally finishing the trilogy was a really good accomplishment for me ]

MY AVERAGE RATING FOR 2020: 3.8

     

HIGHEST RATED ON GOODREADS
The Weight on Skin (Red #2) by Beena Khan
4.20 average

[ this isn't very popular so totally understandable. It's an indie book and while I didn't really love this one, the first book is really good ]


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was your reading year in 2020? What was the longest book you read? What's the most popular one?

let's connect!
 

6 comments:

  1. Once I stopped reading fantasy, my books got shorter. Ha! Believe it or not, the longest book was a contemporary romance that clocked in at 592 pages, which is insane! I actually ended up listening to the audiobook, because there was no way I was reading a contemporary romance that long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. contemporary going over 500 is kind of unusual and also scary. like how many filler parts are there? hahaha.

      Delete
  2. I had a TBR cart of 60-ish books that I wanted to read in 2020 and I thought, for sure, I would get through them with these lockdowns. Instead I'm barely reading at all.

    I think Goodreads said my longest book was 495 pages - The Fever King.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these lockdowns really didn't work well for everyone. I hope 2021 turns out to be a better reading year for you, Karen.

      Delete
  3. I read a few poetry books in 2020 as well, not sure why.

    Good luck with your reading goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. poetry seems like a good break from all the novels we read, I guess.
      Thanks, Joy! Good luck to you as well :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...