January 11, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm getting out of my holiday mood

I know my copy of Red Rising is so ruined now but I love it.

Hi,

Everyone's talking about how the first work week is such a struggle. and well, it is. I barely got things done generally because my head is still in holiday mood. lol. BUT I am setting myself up for the coming week. And mentally prepared myself for things I need to accomplish for work.

This weekend, I went out for my monthly visit to the grocery and paying my bills. Brought my sister with me and we bought a bunch of snacks! It's gonna be a fun couple of weeks ahead, I guess.

Reading-wise, I finally finished rereading Red Rising and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! STILL LOVE IT! LOVED IT EVEN MORE!! I'll probably reread Gold Son next month because I have a tbr list to get through. But this year, I'm generally planning to reread several series this year (to continue and finish some). I'm thinking of going through the entire Red Rising series (hopefully the 6th/final book comes out and I get to read it as well), reread Unwind Dystology, reread the first two of Throne of Glass then ultimately finish the series. I don't know what else but for now, that's what I'm thinking.


I'm also still not in the mood to write book review but who knows. I really need to get through with posting Pretty Little Wife though because it's a review copy. But I don't really want to stress myself with that (and generally because I have a few more blog post ideas to work on which I'm more excited about over a book review).

Also, lowkey considering stop doing these long, mundane titles for my weekend posts. I'm getting tired of them but also sometimes I just like them. lmao. but maybe I'll keep it.

current reads

The Other Widow | Susan Crawford
Just started this and I'm not 50-ish pages. It's got 3-star rating on goodreads so I don't expect much from this. But so far I'm okay with this. Here's me in my perfect dead tone voice (damn I really wish I have the guts to post videos or do youtube stuff): Plot is quite generic: good family relationship but surprise there's cheating. how could they? insert fake gasp. husband dies in an accident. who could have done such a thing?

The Loop (the Loop trilogy #1) | Ben Oliver
Saw this on Kindle Deals, I think. Sounds like the usual dystopian novels 2000s so I was so here for it! But now that I'm reading this, I'm just struggling. I blame the writing though. It feels very much like an infodump kind of thing. The world is interesting but everything about it just get thrown in to me and I'm not enjoying it. I will push through with this though and hopefully finish it before the month ends.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

4 comments:

  1. You only go food shopping once a month? Wow. I go every week. Glad to see so much enthusiasm about your reading. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sharing my recent purchases tomorrow. :) It's pretty wild that you're only allowed to go out grocery shopping once a month! Here, we're allowed to go out but the supermarkets are in reduced capacity. So most of the time, if you don't go early enough, you will have to wait outside for your turn.

    I need to finish reading that series. Ugh.

    Good luck with the rest of the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like titles haha. Mine are always so boring- Sunday Post #whatever lol. I should try doing titles. I'd probably have a hard time with them though :)

    I'm still in holiday mode too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making my way through a few books including Punching the Air. My audio expired but I still have the print copy to finish it. And I read a great short story - The Houseplant.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...