March 4, 2021

BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG #24


Hi,

Books from the Backlog is a weekly feature hosted by Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books.

title:
 Sharp Objects
author: Gillian Flynn  
genre: adult fiction, mystery, thriller
published: 2013 by Crown Publishing Group (first published September 26th 2006)
my copy: paperback, 396 pages
purchase: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository
Fresh from a brief stay at a psych hospital, reporter Camille Preaker faces a troubling assignment: She must return to her tiny hometown to cover the murders of two preteen girls. For years, Camille has hardly spoken to her neurotic, hypochondriac mother or to the half-sister she barely knows: a beautiful thirteen-year-old with an eerie grip on the town. Now, installed in her old bedroom in her family's Victorian mansion, Camille finds herself identifying with the young victims—a bit too strongly. Dogged by her own demons, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story—and survive this homecoming. 
why did I get this. my sister gave this to me for Christmas some years ago. 
why is it still in my tbr. it's one of those hyped books and I'm always scared to pick up hyped books. But I have this for my 10 books for 2021 so I'm definitely getting through with this this year.


HOW ABOUT YOU
Have you read these books? What do you think of this book? Should I put this at the top of my tbr?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. I have this one on my TBR shelf too. It came highly recommended and hopefully you and I will enjoy it when we get to it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharp Objects was a good one and I hope you'll enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the one Flynn book, Gone Girl. It surprised me how much I liked it, because I hated everyone in the book, but it was really well plotted. Maybe her other books are well written too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my tbr pile too, I grabbed it as an ebook when it was on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get a little twitchy about hyped books, too, but glad you you have a game plan to get it read. I've been meaning to try this author at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an unread copy of this one too! I have most of her books but haven't read any yet. Hyped books can be a little tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm too chicken sh*t to read her novels. But you totally should!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I read my first Gillian Flynn a couple years ago and yowzers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...