March 28, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I am finally back (again)


Hi,

Remember when I said a couple of weeks back that was drowned with work stuff? Things finally got overwhelming that I stop to drop doing blog things and reading. I barely read these past two weeks until last Friday which felt really good. I still have a couple of things I need to work on before the long weekend for the Holy Week but I can probably manage it now.

I'm thankful for scheduled post. lmao. In case you missed my reviews, I shared my thoughts on Waking Gods and The Lost Village. Both are good in their own way but Waking Gods is absolutely amazing! I'm gonna try and schedule a couple of things today so that I'll have something up throughout the week :)

On other things, since I'm not reading much and generally doing work, I watched Breaking Bad last week and finished it real fast. IT IS AMAZING! WHY DID IT TAKE ME THIS LONG TO FINALLY WATCH IT!? I immediately watched the follow up movie, El Camino and loved it! THEN I watched the spin-off prequel, Better Call Saul which is also really gooooood! Tell me what should I watch next on Netflix. I feel that I'm finally in the mood to actually watch stuff there other than replaying Big Bang Theory over and over. lmao.

current read

The Lonely Hearts Hotel | Heather O'Neill
This book is not for me. I'm generally not a fan of the bigger picture story aka the romance between the two orphans, Rose and Pierrot. I don't like Pierrot but I guess I do see where he's coming from. I LOVE Rose just because she's that unfortunate girl who doesn't want to be look down on just because she's a woman. She likes reading and she wants to be the boss of her own life not some girl to lift some guy.
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) | Sarah J. Maas
This is a reread. I've been meaning to reread this book just because I want to finally continue the series. And I'm alternating this with The Lonely Hearts Hotel. I'm speed reading this and now that it's a reread, I'm really just rolling my eyes on a lot of things here. hahaha.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you were able to get back to your blog. Sometimes real life calls, and you have to answer. You starting ToG reminds me that I still have to read the last two books. I am terrible at finishing series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. I've been staying away because I want to focus on work and somehow I'm glad I was able to catch up on most things. I've only read the first two books of ToG and I'm hoping to get through all of those I already have this year. At some point we'll finishing all the series. hahaha

      Delete
  2. I have read quite a few books in the last two weeks, so I don't even know where to start. Gah. Which means, I'm way behind on writing the reviews for them. Sigh.

    Anyway, I'm glad you're getting away from the clutches of work. Don't forget to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all get behind reviews sometime. hahaha. I'm sure you'll get on track with them soon!
      I just had some great relaxation time this long weekend for me. So I feel that all is good once again :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes a break is just the thing. I took a few days off myself recently and I think that it helped me out. I loved Waking Gods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is! This past few days really helped me relax a bit, to be honest. I absolutely love Waking Gods as well! I really, really want to get Only Human soon!!!

      Delete
  4. I still have to watch El Camino. I'm not even sure why I haven't yet lol

    I'm finally reading more. I posted a lot (for me) recently but this week was a dud.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed El Camino. It really closed the story for Jesse. Hope you get to it soon!
      It's nice to know you're reading more. And weeks like that happen, I guess. It happens a lot to me. I just let them go and have my rest :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...