March 3, 2021

FEBRUARY WRAP UP (aka the month of slow reading and consistent blogging)

Hi,

February was quick.

For most of it, I think I've been pre-occupied with work which I talked about early on. 

This past couple of days, I'm just glad baseball is finally back! But spring training game hours doesn't quite agree with my time because omg, game starts at around 1PM-ish EST which is 2AM-ish my time. SO I only get to watch the beginning of the games. But all is good spring training games don't really matter and most times my faves don't play a full game. I'm just glad that it's there.

I shared a few weeks back that I did a bookish drawing set and somehow I'm disappointed at myself for not being able to follow that up with another one. I have so many ideas in my head but I usually don't have the time or energy or motivation to actually put them into an actual art. 

Reading-wise, I finished four full novels and a comic. So that's five books. I thought I can finish another ebook but I wasn't able to do it (I just finished it last night actually). That and Waking Gods. I thought I can sneak in Waking Gods for February but that's fine. I'll finish it this week. I really blame Dune for all of this. That got me stuck for a couple of weeks. I will not let that happen again. When I'm stuck in a book for more than a week, I need to put it off and pick up a different one.

Blogging-wise, I'm happy with my entire February. I've been somewhat consistent and I really want to carry it over to the next months ahead. I did miss one post for this week but all is good. I was able to post stuff I've been meaning to have up in January like: (1) my personal tbr challenge, (2) the 10 books I want to read in 2021, and (3) my reading stats.


books read


Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke | The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms | Stranger Planet (Strange Planet #2) by Nathan W. Pyle | Tender is the Flesh by Agustina Bazterrica | Map of Fates (Conspiracy of Us #2) by Maggie Hall

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts 
👇
Wink Poppy Midnight - this one was a nice read. It kept me intrigued until the end and I really like the writing. The ending left me confused or thinking in a good way, I guess.
The Overdue Life of Amy Byler (A book about do-overs or fresh starts) - I absolutely love this book! I enjoyed this. The writing is so much fun, the romance is adorable, and I really enjoyed reading about Amy Byler.
Stranger Planet (A book in a different format than what you normally read) - Had fun reading this. I read this before I sleep. I read a few comics to calm my mind. If you're not familiar with the Strange Planet comics, they're just fun 4-panel comics that talks in a somewhat unusual way or maybe talks using more complex descriptions of things. Check some of them out here!
Tender is the Flesh (A book you think your best friend would like) - this is an absolutely horrifying and disturbing book that I recommend to those who can take on a world that involves eating and somewhat dehumanizing people. Check out my review for this. I know I didn't do much justice for the book but I just wanted to make sure I warn people enough about its contents.
Map of Fates (A book set in multiple countries) - this is actually better than the first book generally because I was very frustrated with the main character in the first book and this time, I think she's gotten more reasonable. But then this book has filler or unimportant chapters/moments, convenience, and I somewhat still didn't care about anyone at all. I like the twist of the story. I think that was pretty good. I may or may not read the final book depending on how I can get it (I'll read it if I can borrow a copy or find it in Kindle Deals or in a secondhand bookshop, if not then no).

book haul


Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann | The Little Swiss Ski Chalet (Romantic Escapes #7) by Julie Caplin | The Anatomy of Desire by L.R. Dorn | Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties by Camille Pagán | The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

I didn't buy any books in January but this February I got four books from Kindle. I'll say they're all on sale but still, I bought books. I don't know if I should be happy about that since I also don't want to spend on books recently (?). idk. hahaha. But I'm happy to finally get Let's Talk About Love. It's been on my wishlist since it came out.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. I love how much you love baseball. Gah. Pre-covid, the fam and I go to Toronto in the Summer to watch a couple of Jays' games. I miss those days!

    I hope you'll have a fantastic March, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I can go to the US just to see a game but the amount of expense for that is just wow. hahaha.
      Thank you, Joy!

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Wink Poppy Midnight. It was just so beautiful, heartbreaking and intriguing in my opinion!

    I hope March will be good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember going through your review after reading this. It was generally okay for me. I liked it and maybe it's one of those books I'd like to get reread to at some point.

      Delete
  3. I love what I've seen of Nathan Pyle's stuff! I want to read more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have some sports back in your life. I feel spring training is right around the corner too. You have me really curious about Amy Byler. A book about second chances is something I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did if you do decide to read it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...