February 17, 2021

10 Books I want to Read in 2021!


Hi,

This is SUCH a late post but we're still rolling with it!

I picked these books before 2020 ends. These are the books I want to get through this year and some of these I've been too scared to read, others I really, REALLY just want to get through! I won't be adding these to my monthly TBRs just because they're already here 😅


Sharp Objects | Gillian Flynn
Because Gillian Flynn? Also, this is one of the top books on the thriller list I'm trying to get through. This and Gone Girl but since the latter is too popular (not that this isn't because it is) as compared to this one.
Gerald's Game | Stephen King
I started this a couple of years ago because of the Netflix adaptation. I've watched that and still haven't finished this. what is wrong with me? lol. This feels slow and idk. I get bored. Hopefully I get through with it this year!
The Kind Worth Killing | Peter Swanson
I heard this is the best Peter Swanson book? Or at least that's what one of my fave booktubers said. I wanted to read some of his recent ones (especially his new series which was released last year? or was that 2019? 2020 feels like a blur tbh) but I really want to get through with this one first!
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) | Sarah J. Maas
I want to reread this THEN get through with the entire series! I only have up to book four for now though so we'll see.
Another one of those books I started, got bored, never picked up again. Everyone's been raving about this though so as someone who claims to like WWII books, I want to try and read this again.


Crazy Stupid Bromance (the Bromance Book Club #3) | Lyssa Kay Adams
I've read this already and absolutely loved it! It has its highs and lows. Parts of the romance being anticlimactic and somehow but I really loved the family aspect for both main characters!!
A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) | V.E. Schwab
It's been a couple of years now since I read the first book and I do remember loving it. And I've been holding this off. Time to get to it now!! Hopefully.
Waking Gods (Themis Files #2) | Sylvain Neuvel
Another second book in a series! I started this a couple of years back but got busy, set it aside, never got back to it. This year for sure then hopefully I can get the final book!!
Nevernight (Nevernight #1) | Jay Kristoff
I keep putting this on TBRs (?) I think and I've been meaning to read it, really. REALLY!! But also I'm still really scared that I might not like it because of the writing and somehow the fantasy aspect (?) because it isn't my strongest genre.
House of Leaves | Mark Z. Danielewski
HUGE AND WEIRD BOOK. 


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you ever revisit your book hauls and check out which ones you've read? and which ones are still waiting to be read? Which one of these should I get to first?

let's connect!

7 comments:

  1. Ok, you definitely need to finish that Sylvain Neuvel series. It's my favourite Sci-fi, I swear. I also want to read House of Leaves in my lifetime. Lol, and to catch up to the Nevernight series. Gah! So many books.

    I hope you'll enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to pick up Waking Gods next from this stack! House of Leaves is just too intimidating but it really feels like a must try. haha. Thanks, Joy!

      Delete
  2. Now I cant stop thinking of acquiring that Sylvian Neuvel series... I see 3 books here that I'd very much like to add on my year list... ü

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should!! whatever those 3 books are, I'm sure they're worth trying. haha

      Delete
  3. The Bromance books are faves of mine, and I loved the ToG series. Hope you get to read all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get the 2nd book of the Bromance book! And I'm really hyped for the 4th one! It's about the Russian I believe? I'm excited for that! I hope to at least get through half of the ToG series :)

      Delete
  4. House of Leaves is on MY TBR list, so Imma need you to read that one NEXT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...