June 9, 2020

[REVIEW] See How They Run

title:
 See How They Run
author: Tom Bale
genre: adult fiction, thriller
published: May 6th 2016 by Bookouture
my copy: kindle, 411 pages
purchase: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository
rating: 2 / 5 stars
goodreads
How far would you go to save your family? 
In the dead of night, new parents Alice and Harry French are plunged into their worst nightmare when they wake to find masked men in their bedroom. Men ruthless enough to threaten their baby daughter, Evie.
This is no burglary gone wrong. 
The intruders know who they’re looking for – a man called Edward Renshaw.
And they are prepared to kill to get to him.
When the men leave empty handed, little do Alice and Harry realise that their nightmare is just beginning. Is it a case of mistaken identity? Who is Renshaw? And what is he hiding?
One thing is clear – they already know too much.
As Alice and Harry are separated in the run for their lives, there is no time to breathe in their fight to be reunited. And with their attackers closing in, there is only one choice:
STAY ALIVE. OR DON’T.
Terrifying, unputdownable and full of twists and turns, this stunning thriller will have you on the edge of your seat right to the very last page.
wild thrilling chase with lots of should I trust this?

I got this one during my Bookouture addiction time. I was at the height of loving thrillers  by Angela Marsons and Robert Bryndza. Then they promoted Tom Bale and the premise of novel is just too intriguing.
See How They Run is about the horrifying involvement of Harry and Alice in an organized syndicate. This started on a night when a couple of men got inside their house to question them regarding a package that was said to have been delivered to their home. When they denied any knowledge on the package, the men may have left them for a while. That was obviously just the start.

The novel started really strong for me. I was invested in the fear and paranoia of the couple. I like all the uncertainty but getting through them anyway because there isn't much of a choice. I think that it was well written and their fear for the child is an added factor. However, as the plot thickens, I found myself not caring at all in what's happening or what will be the outcome of the chase.

I think that as a whole, it's just a case of it's not you, it's me kind of things. I still think that the whole plot of the chase is still well thought of and I think that the fear and paranoia of the couple is still well integrated throughout the novel. The case for me is that, the story went into places that I really just lost interest. I had zero clue on how it will go and I didn't have that interested to know how it ends. (but obviously, I still went through it).

OVERALL, See How They Run is an intriguing thriller. And while it wasn't for me, I think people who enjoys a good thriller chase may enjoy this. Also, it's not for those who may get triggered by the involvement of a baby in here. It's scary for sure if you consider that.

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. This cover rlly reminds me of books in the Helen Grace series by M.J. Arlidge.

    Thanks for writing this critical review! I think this wouldn't be the book for me :) I kinda lose interest pretty easily lately ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally understandable. It had an interesting concept but really struggled through the middle parts.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...