June 13, 2020

[WEEKENDS READS] where I'm finally managing my time well


Hi,

Things have been scarier than usual for me and my family.

Some possible COVID cases have been closer to our place. And it unsettles us especially my grandmother and my younger sister. Dad and I went to the grocery a couple of days ago just to make sure in case they decided they need to keep us inside.

As usual, I've been busy drawing cats (check out my Facebook art page). I've been too slow on watch which isn't really much of a surprise. lol. I'm still watching Beastars and rewatching The Big Bang Theory over at Netflix. Beastars really turning out to be something a big dark and good and weird all at the same time. I like it. Not your typical anime if you're into battle anime and stuff, it's nothing like that. at all.

current reads


He Will Be My Ruin | K.A. Tucker
I just started this and I'm only a couple of chapters in. I guess I'd say it's pretty intriguing but I'm not yet invested. But it's fairly short so I guess I also have a good feeling that I'll be able to finish it this week 😊

The Beekeeper of Aleppo | Christy Lefteri
I kind of not sure what to really expect from this one. I never read reviews for this. I just saw the publisher send a Netgalley link, clicked on it and sounds probably my type. I saw that one of people I follow, Sean Doolittle, gave it a 5-stars. So it's probably good, yeah? If you've read this, please tell me what you think :)


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I think having cases close by (we had people we come into contact with regularly get sick - they have thankfully recovered) puts things in a whole new perspective.

    Have not read either of those - hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. We're extra vigilant recently. We send them help but we try to be extra careful than usual. Thank you, Jen!

      Delete
  2. I only know people tangentially, who have contracted the virus, but they got through fine (a good thing). I went out for the first time in 2 weeks today. Trying to keep my distance, you know. I have only read The Simple Wild by Tucker (which I loved), but I have heard great things about her books. Hope you enjoy both your current books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen more recoveries than deaths from the virus. Not exactly comforting but at least it isn't has deadly as the media make it out to be. We're just trying to be extra careful recently. Ah yes, romance-wise I have read good things about them. Really curious to try her other books :)

      Delete
  3. Hope you and your family stay healthy. It's very nerve wrecking when Covid cases pop up close to you especially when you have vulnerable family members. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely true. It unsettled us when ambulance and testing tents suddenly arrived next door. Thank you, Alicia!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...