June 17, 2020

Reading Challenge: 100 Most Popular Mysteries and Thrillers on Goodreads


Hi,

I am challenging myself.

I couple of months back, Goodreads had a Mysteries and Thrillers week and I saw this list called The 100 Most Popular Mysteries and Thrillers on Goodreads and I want to challenge myself to read every book in this list.

I have been meaning to have this post up over a month ago but my weird mood just didn't get me to do it. But my sudden surge productivity had me scheduling all these posts up (which is soooo good). 

things about this challenge
- I don't have to finish it this year. There's no length but I'm going to look at Goodreads' list every year. I'm sure they will change every year but I'm also sure that they won't change so much (or so I think. lol. but either way, I'm still not sure if I'm doing the 2021 list they'll release. who knows?).
- I will read every book in this list. I checked it and I've only read 10 of them so this is going to take time. But I'm excited!
- I don't necessarily have to own the books. It's gonna be a struggle but maybe this will push me to finally order from Book Depository at some point and maybe grab Kindle ebooks even though they're not on Kindle Deals. We'll see. But I'm sure that secondhand bookstores are gonna be my easy go-to for many of these books. Acquiring the books will be a struggle but I may also just borrow some of them from others. 

Now here're some of the books I have and would need to read soon!! Tell me which of these I should prioritize 😊

books I currently have


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn | Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn | The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn | The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena | Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris


Into the Water by Paula Hawkins | The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton | Verity by Colleen Hoover | The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson | Night Film by Marisha Pessl


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,

Which of these do you think I should read as soon as possible? What do you think of this challenge? Do you like mysteries and thrillers? Do you have recommendations for me?


let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope all 100 are winners for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! I've already read 10 of those in the list. Hopefully all 90 books will be good :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun personal challenge. I LOVE mysteries/thrillers. From the ones you already own, I love Gillian Flynn, so either of those. I've read and really loved Night Film. Verity and The Kind Worth Killing are on my wish list!!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so hyped to read Night Film when I first saw it but ever since actually buying it, it ended up getting stuck in my shelf. Will get to it this month though :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...