June 7, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm finally being productive


Hi,

This past couple of weeks, I've been quite productive as I mentioned on my May Wrap Up post. And somehow, I am actually able to keep this up (which kind of surprises me). I've been trying to keep myself motivated in all aspects.

My reading is not as fast as I was a month or so back but progress is progress. So I think that while I'm not reading as much as I was back then, things are still going pretty good for me. I've actually just went back to my long list of unread Netgalley books and I will finally go through them one book at a time 😊

I'm excited for things to finally come together for me 😊

I recently finished watching The Haunting of Hill House and W H O A that was GOOOOOOOOOD! SO GOOD! I love the atmosphere, the story, the narration. I also recently finished Whisper of the Heart which is now my fave Ghibli film! I also made a quick illustration for it. Right now, I am currently watching Beastars which is also available in Netflix and it's good so far (that is if you can ignore the fact that they're all animals). 

current reads


Bookishly Ever After (Ever After #1) | Isabel Bandeira
This is a kind of cringe-y contemporary romance about a bookish girl who finds romance and uses books to act upon those feelings. I'm over 60% now and somehow it's kind of okay for me. I like Dev, the love interest. But the main character, Phoebe is cringe AF. And yes, I am going to finish this.

The Radium Girls | Kate Moore
I'm finally halfway through with this one. I'm reading this in a kind of slow pace which I think is because it's non-fiction. It's a very interesting story 


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?


let's connect!

8 comments:

  1. I am impressed you pushed through Bookishly Ever After, but glad to hear it's getting better/ok for you. I most likely would not have gotten that far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were aspects of it I actually enjoyed despite being too cringe-y at times :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're getting back on track and being more productive!! I'm currently reading Home Before Dark by Riley Sager - and I just finished Disclaimer by Renee Knight.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren :) Oooh, I've been hoping to read one of Riley Sager's books!

      Delete
  3. I had a great May but now I'm not reading much so far in June.

    Haunting on Hill House was fantastic. I'll check out Beasters.

    Karen @ For What' It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still starting June so no worries with that, I guess :)
      Beastars is kind of a weird dark anime. Really good if you like unusual anime.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I really need to rewatch The Haunting of Hill House. Knowing what I know about the series, I still bet it would be just as stressful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It scared me quite a bit! I never watched it in the evening. hahaha. It also made me want to read the book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...