October 18, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where I am enjoying my buddy reading!


Hi,

This week has been pretty okay. Nothing special about it. I was working throughout the week and I'm glad how things are progressing for me. I kind of need to adjust my body clock. I still have a bad habit of sleeping extra late (which is 2AM) then halfass-ly waking up at 7AM through my alarm then ultimately getting up at 9AM or 10AM sometimes. 

Late Friday, I am so glad that my best friend and I finally got through with our 2nd buddy reads discussion. It was fun a lowkey chaotic because it's just full of fact checking and wild speculations. I've got a bit of my theory but nothing really set in stone since it's just 40-ish percent of the book. We're going through 15 more chapter before the next discussion then one final go to the end of the book. I'm so excited! The next 15 pages are over 100 pages so it will be a while.

Also just something I've been considering a long time, I think I mentioned this before and someone said I should do it. But I want to do some sort of reading vlog. I'm thinking of trying it out for the next weekend which is the Dewey's 24hour read-a-thon. Lowkey hyped for that. So I'll probably try that and if I like how it turns out, I'll probably post it and I'll probably see how I feel about doing more of it 😅 Would love to know what you guys think of it by then 😅😅

Now for some other stuff 👇👇👇

I got myself a few things for annotating because my sticky flags and sticky notes stash are about to run out. I also bought a couple of stickers set because why not? hahaha.

I also love this gif I made for my last drawing. I really wanna do more of this 💖


current reads

The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle | Stuart Turton
I'm over 200 pages now and I LOVE how it makes me think and speculate so much! Definitely why I enjoy whodunit mystery books!! 

Nine Elms (Kate Marshall #1) | Robert Bryndza
I'm 80% on this one now so I'll probably finish this today or tomorrow and it got really suspenseful. Those last few chapters I read were really thrilling probably because it also got a few reveals and it's getting closer and closer to the conclusion!!

The Secret Language of Sisters | Luanne Riace
I lowkey started this one. I'm a couple of chapters in and I like it. I read it every now and then but not really full on sticking to it. It's about two sisters and one of them got into a car accident while checking her younger sister's impatient text message only to end in a coma right after. The younger sister gets that guilty feeling. I know this is going to be a sad book so I'm just reading this on the side for now alongside The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

4 comments:

  1. I see some quite stickers in the stack. There is just something about stationary supplies which delights me. I love the idea of buddy reading, but I always just plow through the book. Glad to hear you are enjoying your experience so much. Have fun with the vlog and the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm into stickers so much lately that I check online stores so much for them. We just tried buddy reading, my friend speeds through books but he kindly stops at specific parts and wait for me so that we can discuss. Thanks, Sam! Really hoping things go according to plan for the weekend readathon :)

      Delete
  2. I love it when a book makes me think! Those are the best. Glad your readalong is going well... :)

    Vlogs sound fun! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Sometimes I just overthink but that's definitely the fun of it. Thank you, Greg! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...