October 4, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where things happen and I am busy!

here's a bookstagram outtake because I was not able to take a phot today. lol.

Hi,

I've been somewhat preoccupied this past week. Or my head's been all over the place this past week. idk. hahaha.

Just gonna mentioned everything I can remember (because my journal also blanked on me. lmao):
(1) regular season of baseball ended (it was a Monday for me because of time zone) THEN the wild card round started and the Yankees swept the Indians. On to the ALCS we go!;
(2) I started and finished The Couple Next Door. It was a random read for me. I was in a slump the entire September and I'd like to believe that this book is the start of my reading mojo again;
(3) my book best friend (yes, the book best friend I mentioned before πŸ’–) and I are going to try buddy reading which surprisingly we haven't done. We're reading The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle;
(4) I'm doing #halftober so I'm trying to draw every day which is quite unusual for me. lmao. I'm posting everything on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (which reminds me I should work on the 4th prompt. ugh);
(5) After six months, I finally got my work back. I'll be working from home doing graphic design stuff again. I was able to talk to my boss, he talked to the HR regarding me working from home, and it's approved! I'm back to working and earning. It's not like before but all is good 😊

Time to share some stuff πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

This is my fave #halftober art so far πŸ˜…

Hyped for the Division series! I want a Yankees-Miami OR Yankees-Padres World series πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€


Ah yes, the Stranger Things hype news 😍


current reads

The Mapmaker's Daughter | Laurel Corona
I literally just started this and apparently I don't know anything about this aside from the fact that it's set in Spain and it's historical fiction. I was surprised that's somewhat about Spain being converted to a Christian country (or something like that)?? idk. will read more.

Nine Elms (Kate Marshall #1) | Robert Bryndza
I mentioned this last week but ICYMI: 
it's about a retired police officer who not teaches in a university (?) and she's not chasing a cold case and possibly as copy cat of a major case she solved 15 years ago. I haven't continued reading it again because my mind has been all over the place. lol. but I want to get back to it this week :)

ON THE BLOG
Review: Worlds of Ink and Shadow (recommended if you like the BrontΓ«s!)


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you found your reading mojo again, and that's great news that you can work from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam! I'm really quite a number of books at the same time but it's kind of a my go-to way right now to get through books :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...