October 17, 2020

10 Books I Got From Secondhand Bookshops


Hi,

I know I've been gone for quite a while with work adjustment and such but I'd like to believe I'm back πŸ‘€ I mean look at me posting 3 posts this week. lmao.

But for real, I took this photo before September ended generally because I set up my monthly TBR a day or two before the next month and I have personal monthly prompts since June (borrowed books, books on my TBR the longest, books I'm scared to read, and my MIBF hauls for the last 2 years). This month, I want to give some love to the books I got my secondhand bookshops / thrift stores or books I received from people that, from the looks of it, they got from thrift stores. So basically, it's the thift store books tbr!


Murder at the Book Group (Book Group Mystery #1) | Maggie King
I got this because the title said "book group" and that's generally an insta-buy for me. sorry.
Please Look After Mom | Shin Kyung-sook, Chi-Young Kim (Translator)
I got this from a bookish gettogether. I didn't pick the book exactly. It was more like the book was wrapped in paper with some tags/words about it. I can't remember what it says but here we are. It's been 3 years, I think, since I got this. Was never really in the mood to pick this up.
The Miniaturist | Jessie Burton
Probably got this because I think Jessie Burton is a somewhat household name for literary fictions? idk. But somehow I think I see her name quite a lot so I ended up picking this up. To be honest, I don't know what this is about (although I probably read the synopsis when I got it from the bookshop). It was also very, very cheap! Got it for 50Php or $1. 
Another cheapy book I got. I think I got this because I saw this from the bookshop I used to work at (or was it her other book?) and I'm kind of curious?? Or maybe I already saw that there's an upcoming adaptation. idk which one came first. lmao
The Kite Runner | Khaled Hosseini
My sister gifted this to me. Got a price at the back, smh. lol. This is one of those books I keep on seeing and somehow I want to read it but also I'm really scared to do so.


Thnderstruck | Erik Larson
Probably my first Erik Larson book? idk. I'm not a huge non-fiction reader. Hecc, I got this when I was still trying to muster the courage to start non-fiction books. I've read a few now so maybe I can really, really get to this soon!
The Madwoman Upstairs | Catherine Lowell
Got this because it's a novel that involves the BrontΓ«. I don't know anything about the story, tbh.
Everwild (Skinjacker #2) | Neal Shusterman
I grab old Neal Shusterman books from secondhand shops now. This one even has his signature. lmao. It's dedicated to someone and they just got rid of it. Happy I got it though. I got a signed Neal Shusterman book. lol. I read book 1 of this series probably last year and I did enjoy it although I'm lowkey holding this off because I want to get book 3 first but we'll see.
The Mapmaker's Daughter | Laurel Corona
I started this recently and I am not surprised that I don't actually know what this is about. This is another cheapy grab and I just saw that it's a historical fiction from a time period and place I'm not familiar about. So why not read it, yeah?
Bay and Her Boys | Bay Buchanan
I got this from a relative. She gave it to me when she visited the Philippines years ago. She said that since I read, I can have the book she brought with her πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚ I don't even know who Bay Buchanan is but maybe I'll try this at some point. 


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you ever revisit your book hauls and check out which ones you've read? and which ones are still waiting to be read? Which one of these should I get to first?

let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for secondhand shops and relatives. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some great titles, and the books look like they are in good shape. I loved Bernadette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you loved Bernadette! I haven't been in the mood to read it since I bought it but I'm also probably just scared that I might not like it.

      Delete
  3. Okay high key jealous of the signed Shusterman! I added the updated covers of the Skinjacker series to my wishlist because I love the series and I love the redesigns! I hope you enjoy the next two books! This is such an amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't realize it was signed until I checked it after buying it. Rare thrift store moment for me. hahaha. I would have get the entire series in the redesign covers if I knew they're getting them before I bought the 2 books. I kinda like matching covers but at this point in my book purchasing, I just prefer to have the books. Thanks, Shannon!! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...