October 12, 2020

[WEEKEND READS] where I finally get back to office work

took this one while it was dark outside. there's so much rain recently.
Hi,

I got back to work last week. By work I man regular work stuff and w h o a but energy levels is starting to show and it's not good. Ever get that weird feeling of weird morning tiredness just because you have work to do then after the 8hrs of work, you suddenly get this wild bust of energy? That's basically me the entire week and I hate it. lmao.

Just gonna mentioned everything I can remember throughout last week:
(1) Yankees season ended so that's sad. It was also a horrible game for the team. Crossing my fingers that that wasn't DJ Lemahieu's and Masahiro Tanaka's last season with the Yankees.
(2) as I mentioned, I started work last Monday and it took out so much energy in me. Feels that my body isn't used to this anymore after almost 7 months of just doing whatever I like and sleeping whenever I can
(3) I started buddy reading with my book best friend and I'm having fun talking about my speculations and really understanding the world.
(4) my sisters and I are planning some art-based business and it looks fun but also a lot of work.

Time to share some stuff 👇👇👇

This is me while reading The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.


Yankees lose to the Tampa Bay Rays and I hate it.


Also sometimes I share stuff like this. hahaha. At this point, I still suck with this camera timer thing. lmao.


current reads

The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle | Stuart Turton
I'm buddy reading this with my book best friend and I am so into thisss! I was instantly hooked in. It's intriguing and I have so much questions about the world, its mechanics. I'm really into finding out this whodunit that I'm writing on my book (pencil of course!) and adding waaaay too much stickyflags! 

Nine Elms (Kate Marshall #1) | Robert Bryndza
I mentioned this a couple of weeks back but ICYMI: 
it's about a retired police officer who not teaches in a university (?) and she's not chasing a cold case and possibly as copy cat of a major case she solved 15 years ago. I'm really slow on reading ebooks recently but I try to get through 2-3 chapters a day. Little progress everyday. I'm intrigued by this mystery although I'm not completely hooked in it. It feels quite typical. Probably something you'll enjoy if you like crime fictions and it's certainly what you expect it to be (can't say for sure until I finish it but it doesn't really give off a refreshing vibes to it).


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? What do you plan to pick up next? Any new faves? Any recommendations?

let's connect!
 

4 comments:

  1. I am sure you will grow accustomed to working again. Hang in there! Working from home has been amazing for me, because my commute was so long, so I have extra energy now. Good luck to you and your sister. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so. My commute was also very long. So it's definitely a relief to have that taken out with the work from home set up. Thank you, Sam!

      Delete
  2. It is fun talking about books! And sorry to hear about the Yankees... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always! Discussing mystery books is really fun! Thanks, Greg. Yankees had a terrible post season so I guess I somehow saw it coming :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...