February 10, 2021

My Personal Monthly TBR Challenge!

oh hecc, i'm running out of stock photos. i don't even know if i've used this before. time to take new ones!!

Hi,

Mid-2020, I decided to share a month-long TBR of books I borrowed from my best friend. I just wanted to get done with some books so I can return them. The result of that: I read 5 of 9 books from that stack. So I say that went well for me.

AND that's what I thought about talking about this time around. I've been making monthly TBRs or quarterly TBRs since I started this blog. So what's the difference of this and that?

I stack them separately.
I have a tbr shelf (don't we all?) and I have my books arranged by age group and genre. And I live with that for YEARS. But this time around, I decided to set my monthly tbr apart from all my tbr books. It's to help me distinguish them, acknowledge them, and remind me to read them!!! So when I did this, I easily just pick from that stack of books when I'm thinking of what to read next.

I'm a mood reader. How even? Right?
Since I'm such a mood reader and I hate reading books of the same genre consecutively (thus never getting into the seasonal reading vibes), I decided to specifically pick "prompts" every month that is quite vague and may involve a variety of titles.

What are these prompts?
Last year, I went with: borrowed books, books on my tbr the longest, books I'm scared to read, my MIBF (aka the biggest bookfair in my country) hauls, thrift books haul, and unread readathon books. For the last month of the year, I went and pick out 2 books from each tbr.

My prompts for this year are:
January: books I got for free (when I worked in my local bookstore)
March: borrowed books (because my best friend lent me a couple more books in December)
April: books from the backlog picks (time to clear the backlog, yeah?)
May: recent purchase (physical books! last physical books I got are from early 2020)
June: tbr jar picks (I made this tbr jar in 2020 but barely use it. lmao)
July: books on my tbr the longest (time to circle back to last year's prompts!)
August: books I'm scared to read (just so I can pick books I want to read)
September: (obligatory) MIBF hauls (because I'm hoping for MIBF this year. OMG. but I don't think so)
October: books I DNF (I don't dnf much but I did pick up a lot of books but never finished them because MOOD!! lol)
November: my best friend picks my tbr (just like those my boyfriend picks my tbr on Booktube. lol)
December: (circling back to the first tbr!) gonna pick 1 book for each month from January to October!

I really pushed this to go a bit longer. lmao. But yeah, that's gonna be my reading plans for 2021! If you're interested to know more of my reading plans/goals, check out my 2021 Reading Goals post!


HOW ABOUT YOU
How do you make monthly/quarterly tbrs? How do you pick your books?

let's connect!
 

4 comments:

  1. Fun challenge! I like goals when I read. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this personal challenges of yours. I should create a shelf challenge -- meaning, read books from certain shelves of my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's definitely a good idea! having a specific tbr shelf really makes picking books to read next faster!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...