February 6, 2021

10 Recent Ebook Hauls I Need to Read


Hi,

February is #ebookathon month for me!

I decided to do a month dedicated to reading ebooks because I've been neglecting them. I barely read them last year. SO this month I plan to go through them. I just miss those days when I read ebooks way faster than physical books. but ohwell. Here's my attempt to go back there (but really, who am I kidding? of course I'll still lowkey read physical books. lmao).

I decided to pick 10 books from my Netgalley shelf and my regular Kindle shelf (just to get a bit of balance although we both know that I'm just reading two or three of these. lmao). The first five books are my recent Netgalley hauls and the last five are my recent Kindle hauls (well I got a new one yesterday but since I've already scheduled this, there's no way I'm changing this tbr).


Mother May I | Joshilyn Jackson
Recently got this. I think I read this before I download it but now I can't remember what it's about.
The Lost Village | Camilla Sten
Had to check this again and I remember clicking download on this because of the documentary filmmaker aspect and it also mentioned The Blair Witch Project and while I remember zero things about that, it kind of made me curious of this book. 
Shadow Sands (Kate Marshall #2) | Robert Bryndza
I read the first book last year and liked it. It's your usual crime fiction, nothing new but still a good read. 
You Again | Debra Jo Immergut
I believe this is something that involves seeing someone who looks exactly like her a few years ago and then that person suddenly disappearing (or something like that. idk. probably).
The Beekeeper of Aleppo | Christy Lefteri
I started this last year for the Popsugar Reading Challenge but I wasn't in the mood for a heavy/serious historical fiction then. I got bored. Put it down. Haven't picked it up again since.

I got these generally from mailing lists with NetGalley links except for Shadow Sands which I got from NetGalley and is ready for download.


The Loop (the Loop Trilogy #1) | Ben Oliver
The Loop, to be honest, just caught my interest because it sounded like one of those late 2000s and early 2010 dystopian stuff but I read a few chapters of it and it's kind of boring. idk. I guess the first few chapters are kind of info-dump and I don't like it but we'll see if I can get back to it.
Final Girls | Riley Sager
I've read nothing but good things about Riley Sager so I'm here for it.
Tender Is the Flesh | Agustina Bazterrica
This is a horror scifi novel involving the possibility of using human meat for consumption (?) I think. It's a scary premise and I'm really intrigued by this. AND one of my fave booktubers absolutely loves this!
Girl of Glass (Girl of Glass #1) | Megan O'Russell
I saw an indie author share that this book was free for a day, so I decided why not. It's an indie book, it's free. No harm in trying, I guess.
The Little CafĂ© in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes #1) | Julie Caplin
I just want to try out these kind of books. I mean it's generally a chicklit romance novel with the possibility of exploring a place I have zero chances of ever going to. Also, the entire series looks fun so we'll see :)

I got all of these from Kindle Deals because that's the only reason why I'll get books in Kindle. lmao.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
Do you ever revisit your book hauls and check out which ones you've read? and which ones are still waiting to be read? Which one of these should I get to first?

let's connect!

6 comments:

  1. They all look interesting. I was curious about The Beekeeper of Aleppo -- it truly sounds like a heavy hitter, so let me know how that goes for you.

    Good luck with your readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get to it this month but no promises since it still always depends on my mood.
      Thanks, Joy!

      Delete
  2. Final Girls was A-MAZE-BALLS! I hope you'll love it just as much as I did. I received Lock Every Door for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked Final Girls! I've heard pretty mixed things about it but I'm still really eager to read it. Hope you enjoy Lock Every Door!

      Delete
  3. These sound like a good mix of books. I have only read one from your list. Final Girls didn't work for me but everyone else seemed to love it. I hope you love all of these, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Final Girls seems like a hit or miss. Really hoping I ends up being a hit for me. Thanks, Carole!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...