February 14, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I'm reading 3 books in 3 different formats!!


Hi,

I can't believe I still haven't recovered from being busy. lmao.

This long weekend came and went. I pretty much relaxed last Friday and stayed away from my laptop because I was sick of work. Then we visited my sister yesterday. We worked on our starting small business then ate some good food and watched a little Big Bang Theory while working (because why not). Then today (Sunday), we had a mini Valentine's eat-together with relatives just us here who live close by. I hang out with my cousins then I had the motivation to draw. I started my sketch last night and finally finished it today. I will gradually post it over on my art accounts (as well as my twitter): facebook / instagram (hecc my instagram is so out of it. i need to update it!!). 


Reading-wise, I finally finished The Overdue Life of Amy Byler and I really loved it! I'll try to schedule a review soon!! Speaking of posts, I'm quite happy with how I've been quite consistent (except for Saturday's post which I missed). I will try to keep it up and I will be bloghopping soon!! Hopefully tomorrow!! And w h o a, this week I'm reading three book in three different formats: physical book, ebook, and audiobook!! and somehow in three different genres (?).

current reads

Dune (Dune #1) | Frank Herbert
I was able to read a few more pages of this book and somehow the little action kind of got me going with this book. Although it isn't really some actual action to be honest, just a bit of stuff to stir things up and somehow move away from all the endless talking.
Tender is the Flesh | Agustina Bazterrica
A dystopian novel about a future where in animals acquired some kind of deadly virus that prevents humans from consuming them. With the massive demand for meat, the government was pushed to legalize consuming human meat. AND W H O A this is a gooooood read. Quite descriptive and damn it's interesting to read how the things done to animals and shown being done to humans.. makes you want to stop consuming meat? (it's quite off putting and saddening but also, as a massive picky-eater... i don't know if it'll keep me off meat. i kind of doubt it).
The Switch | Beth O'Leary
Got the audiobook from NetGalley and I finally started it. I've been putting off reading Flatshare so this is my first book by Beth O'Leary. I read that Flatshare is way better though so I guess that's good since I'm really enjoying this.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

6 comments:

  1. A business with your sister? How exciting! I liked The Flatshare a bit more than The Switch, but I liked that one too. Grandma was a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! We're starting with selling packs of tablea for hot making choco with our own branding :) Yes, I've heard people like The Flatshare more so that really makes me feel better. And yesss, I'm mostly enjoying grandma's POV!

      Delete
  2. Tender Is the Flesh was an amazing read. It left such an impression on me. Hope you enjoy all these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm halfway through Tender is the Flesh and I really wish I'm buddy reading it because it feels like it's such a good discussion book!

      Delete
  3. I want to read Beth O'Leary's latest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really fun! I hope you get to it, Joy :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...