February 21, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I finally put Dune aside and pick up a different physical book

i haven't updated myshelf. haha. i should probably clean and rearrange next month!!

Hi,

Still busy days but we're getting by. I still have a few more things I need to do for work but thank the stars for breather weekends.

I haven't been reading much this week which kind of disappoints me since I didn't finish a single book throughout the week. I finally put Dune down but maybe read a chapter every now and then. It just isn't working out but somehow I still really want to finish it but I won't push myself to it for now. I just don't need things to put me in a pretty bored mood right now. haha. I did pick up Map of Fates 👇👇👇 and still trying to get through Tender is the Flesh but I'll probably be done with it tonight.

current reads

Map of Fates (the Conspiracy of Us #2) | Maggie Hall
I don't actually like this but since I have it let me just go and read it. I read the first book last year and was absolutely frustrated with it! I can't remember much about it now but I remember being frustrated with the main character's choices. Now we're back with her and someone she feels better but somehow things are still not good. I don't care about the other characters and there's a pointless scene just to try to make something out of the romance but nothing really happens? idk. But I'm speed reading this and hopefully finish it soon!
Tender is the Flesh | Agustina Bazterrica
I thought this would be one of those books that tries to send off its message pretty subtle but it's really just all over the book. They basically just say it and I'm just here for it, I guess. This is a pretty simply written book (or that could be for the translation) and the descriptions are pretty intense though. Not in a graphic way but more of the state of the world there and I'd say it's really not for everyone. It's quick words, it's a world where human trafficking is a thing -- they don't just breed and eat people, they hunt people, they treat people as animals. On another note, I really like the writing.


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I gave up on Dune way before you because, man. It's dry as a bone! I hope you'll enjoy the books you ended up reading this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I think you did mention that before. I still want to give it another chance but maybe another time. Really do hope I like them, thanks Joy!

      Delete
  2. I never wanted to read Dune. It's just not my thing, but I would love for you to pick up a book and really enjoy it. Sounds like you are trudging through all your reads lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! Really hope I can get through this mini-slump I'm getting.

      Delete
  3. I had a hard time with Dune when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had trouble with Dune- I tried it like a million years ago and never continued. Oh well. And sorry about the Conspiracy of Us series! The covers are so pretty, and I own the first two, but I don't know why because I am not even interested anymore hah. So YES I did read a really great book, just finished The Firekeeper's Daughter and WOW you need that in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the covers for the Conspiracy of Us series is absolutely gorgeous. I've read really hyped/positive things about it when it came out but when I read the first book last year, it just wasn't for me. I hope you like it more if you do get to read it. I'm definitely checking Firekeeper's Daughter now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...