April 8, 2021

BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG #26


Hi,

Books from the Backlog is a weekly feature hosted by Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books.

title:
 The Silence
author: Tim Lebbon   
genre: adult, science fiction, horror
published: April 14th 2015 by Titan Books
my copy: paperback, 363 pages
purchase: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository
In the darkness of a vast cave system, cut off from the world for millennia, blind creatures hunt by sound. Then there is light, there are voices, and they feed... Swarming from their prison, they multiply and thrive. To scream, even to whisper, is to summon death.
Deaf for many years, Ally knows how to live in silence. Now, it is her family's only chance of survival. To leave their home, to shun others, to find a remote haven where they can sit out the plague. But will it ever end? And what kind of world will be left?
why did I get this. I don't know, to be honest. It looked dark I guess and it seemed dark. I saw it has a Netflix adaptation and it looked pretty good. So maybe that.
why is it still in my tbr. I was jut never in the mood to pick it up and it was never really in any of my monthly TBRs, I guess.


HOW ABOUT YOU
Have you read these books? What do you think of this book? Should I put this at the top of my tbr?

let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow this does sound freaky. And it's on Netflix too? Hmm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. This sounds wonderful. Going to find a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...