April 4, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I get back to getting things on track


Hi,

Happy Easter to everyone!

Since celebrating the Holy Week is a thing in my country, I had Thursday and Friday are holidays. Thus, I had a pretty good 4-day long weekend. I didn't read much though because my sister came home we rewatched the entire Saw movie series (kind of odd for the holiday) and I got my sister to finally watch Breaking Bad and we got to almost the end of the 2nd season which I'd say is such a win!

As you all know by now, I'm just here waiting for baseball season to start for the past few months and it's finally here!! Two game in for the Yankees. Lose the first one, won the second one. I'm watching the third game laterrrr even though it starts at 1AM here in my place. lmao.

current read


Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) | Sarah J. Maas
Speed reading!!! Since this is a reread for me, I'm seeing some of the cringe-y part of this novel. I know that when I first read this, I think I liked Celaena's guts and all but now, just no.  I think she's just obnoxious. I still don't like Chaol and I still like Dorian. I'm halfway through this one so hopefully I can finish this on Monday or Tuesday.

The Little Bookshop on the Seine (The Little Paris Collection #1) | Rebecca Raisin
I read the first chapter and I think that I'm really going to enjoy this. I just absolutely love how bookish the main character is. The Paris setting, romance, and the bookshop sounds like a really good combination!


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great visit with your sister, and your dedication to the Yankees is admirable. I could never stay up that late to watch a game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we did have fun. I sometimes just watch parts of the games then sleep if I can see a definite outcome at some point when I'm too tired.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter!!! Hope you are having a great long weekend! And yay baseball. I don't watch a ton but it is somehow relaxing to watch sometimes, just enjoying a game. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just watch Yankees games. Glad you find it relaxing. I'm usually at the edge of my seat when games are quite close. hahaha

      Delete
  3. I had Maundy Thursday and Good Friday off as well. But not because it's a deal in Canada, it's just the way my day off worked. Anyway, since I gave A Court of Thorns & Roses series by SJ Maas a chance, I think I will give her other series a try one of these days. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped reading the ACOTAR series after the first book. I even unhauled it gave it to my sister. After rereading Throne of Glass, I definitely don't like it as much as I did then but I am still very interested to read the rest of the series. Good luck with taking on Throne of Glass!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...