April 26, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I failed yet another Dewey's readathon

no new photo this time. will bloghop tonight!!

Hi,

Welcome to another late weekend post because busy life and I tried to do the #readathon which I somehow failed (?) but I did read more than usual which is also a good plus. Let  me talk about it!

I started the readathon strong. It starts at 8PM in my place and I started reading at around 11PM and kept reading on and off up to 2AM or 3AM-ish. I wasn't doing much update like before but I got through a total of 97 pages that night. Then I got up late the next day, read a few pages during breakfast then read a few more after Church. After lunch, I practically slept throughout the afternoon. Nothing like a good siesta, yeah? lol. I ended up picking up The Ask and The Answer again until the readathon ends. That night, I read 132 pages. So all in all, I only got through 229 pages which sucks but it's fine I guess. I got through a good chunk off The Ask and The Answer and I finished The Yellow Wallpaper

I'm doing personal 24hr readathons anyway, so we'll see how I'll do next month but the next Dewey's 24hr Readathon is on October.

Now for the past week in general, reading-wise, I got through 296 pages. Not enough I guess. And I did most of my reading mid-week and Saturday when I finished The Little Bookshop on the Seine and had the first part of the readathon. between that, I barely read. My reading plans didn't work out because of how little I read this week. I wanna pick up my pace and really put some time management on myself.

current read

The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking #2) | Patrick Ness
I'm more than halfway through this and I'm generally okay with it. My feelings reading this book is generally the same as when I was reading the first book. I like it, I'm intrigued but I'm not fully invested. I like how quick to read this though. I also like the aspects that Todd and Viola are not together and that they have their respective points of views. I also like that we get more of the Spackles. 

reading plans

Wow, I'm reading doing badly on this aspect. lol. But we'll still let this roll because why not?

FINISH (wed): The Ask and The Answer
START (thu): Murder at the Book Group 
FINISH (sat): In a Field of Blue
FINISH (sun): Murder at the Book Group

I did a quick peak on next month's TBR prompt for me and wow, recent physical book haul. lol. gonna be 2019 books. lmao.

last week on the blog

REVIEW: Mother May I (generally an okay read. I like the point of this book but not invested in the characters)
Books from the Backlog: The Hunger by Alma Katsu (dark book, Donner Party, hope to read soon!)
[24HR READATHON] April 2021 Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon Day!!


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job on the readathon. I wanted to participate, but I didn't even have time to try. Maybe I'll try next time. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great! I think readathons are hard lol, like if I'm just casually reading I can get through a surprisingly large amount of pages haha but if I'm TRYING to- something always happens. :)

    Anyway hope you had some good reading anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like getting ANY reading done these days is an accomplishment lol

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really tough to commit to a 24-hour readathon. I commend you! I can only do this if I absolutely have to clear my weekend. Anyway, good luck on the next one. I still think you did great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...