April 7, 2021

MARCH WRAPUP (aka the month of being overwhelmed with work)

Hi,

I struggled reading a bit this month. I had that 2-ish weeks of reading slump of some sort because of: (1) work, and (2) getting so into watching Breaking Bad. Either way, I think it was still quite productive reading-wise since I'm still on pace for my goodreads reading challenge

Blogging-wise, I was consistent until I had the slump and got overwhelmed with work. I stopped posting and visiting but since coming back, I've been quite active, I believe. As usual, I've scheduled a few things already and have mapped out my posts for the entire month. I plan on sharing my TBR progress, how I did over the first quarter of 2021 and I'm also hoping to increase my reviews per month. In case you missed them, here are some of my posts for March: February Wrap Up + March TBR and reviews for The Dirty Book Club (overdue review. drafted this 2yrs ago), Waking Gods (absolutely loved this!), and The Lost Village (rare advance copy I posted before its release date).


books read


The Lost Village by Camilla Sten | Waking Gods (Themis Files #2) by Sylvain Neuvel | The Switch by Beth O'Leary | The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness | The Lonely Hearts Hotel by Heather O'Neill

quick thoughts right here with their respective Popsugar prompts 
👇
The Lost Village (published in 2021) - I thought the story was good but I wasn't entirely captured by it. I didn't like the characters until later in the novel but the atmosphere is well written. I was intrigued throughout. Read my review here!
Waking Gods (on your TBR list with the prettiest cover) - easily one of my faves for the year. It pushed the story forward and there are zero dull moments here. There's always something going on and it always feel so crucial. The ending is such a massive cliffhanger!! Read my thoughts here!
The Switch (about do-overs or fresh starts) - Absolutely enjoyed this! I especially loved Eileen!!  (I also did a switch on the prompt so I can use this prompt for this book)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (set mostly or entirely outdoors) - this was more of an okay read for me. I enjoyed reading it and I think that it's a quick read. I probably didn't love it as much as everyone else though.
The Lonely Hearts Hotel (from your TBR list you meant to read last year but didn't) - FINALLY got through this. It started a bit off for me because of certain aspects of this book (aka the incest background and child rape and the number of times characters lusted and sexually though of the other in a way that puts me off -- Hi, I'm Ace ICYMI although I did never mentioned that so I barely read sex scenes in books despite reading romance books. lol.) but I got by and still finished this. I like the ending or parts towards the ending. I think it was really good.


read 52 books: 14 of 52
popsugar reading challenge: 13 of 50
read big books (500+ pages): 1
read books I own in 2020/earlier: 14
reread books: 1
read more ebooks: 3

book haul


Parable of the Sower (Earthseed #1) by Octavia E. Butler

I didn't realize that I only got one book in March. Quite unusual for me but as usual, I got this from Kindle Deals.


HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS,
How was the last couple of months for you guys? Anything you want to share? New hobby, projects, travel, books? How was your reading month? Anything new to your faves?

let's connect!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh life. Always getting in the way! Still a great month overall for you. I always consider managing to read some and blog some a good month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really curious about the Lost Village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen was my favorite character in The Switch too. She was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's just hard too keep up with everything. You still had a great month and are doing well with all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...