April 11, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where I make a weekly "reading plan" to spice up my reading


Hi,

I'm really happy about how I'm able to manage work quite well these part few days. New work from home routine is probably working. I get to finish everything early and my mood is always topnotch and focused on what I'm doing (unlike before). Unlike a couple of months back, I work overtime late at nights because I spend way too much time procrastinating and such but not this time. I really hope things continue well for me.

Also today, it was finally announced that they're lifting the strict lockdown they did a couple of weeks back due to the spike on COVID positives. The cases have gone down a bit so they're easing up once again. I hope that people learn to not be too at ease despite that. On other updates on that matter, my mom finally had her first dose of the vaccine. My dad's scheduled to have his first dose next weekend.

Reading-wise, I got through 406 pages this week. Not enough since I didn't get through my 50 pages a day goal. But I did finish Throne of Glass this week.

current read


The Little Bookshop on the Seine (The Little Paris Collection #1) | Rebecca Raisin
I got through the first few chapters already and I like the overall bookshop setting and bookish character but somehow it isn't exactly grabbing me. It may be because I've read a bit of this type of book with a shy character trying to breakout of her comfort zone kind of thing. I mean, I still like this premise, so I don't know what's up with me. But we'll see I guess.

Mother May I | Joshilyn Jackson
I got back to reading this and I'm finally speeding through it. I'm not into the mystery/suspense part of it. I think that there really aren't much at stake or something. I mean, yes, the child was kidnapped but you know, I have a really good feeling that nothing bad will really happen or anything and somehow things will just be happily concluded or what. I'm not interested in any of the characters. I don't care about them. But I guess we'll still see once I finish it.

reading plans

I'm doing this thing in my journal where I plan out my reading which I guess is weird or wrong or what. hahaha. idk. just maybe a me thing to try and push myself to get through things more. So here's my plan for the upcoming week (and yes, this will look very ambitious). I'm just putting it out there just so I can give myself a bit more accountability.

FINISH (tue/wed): Mother May I
FINISH (wed/thu): The Little Bookshop on the Seine 
START (wed/thu): The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
START (wed): The Anatomy of Desire by L.R. Dorn
FINISH (sat/sun): The Ask and the Answer


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

8 comments:

  1. I’m glad youve found a routine to suit you.
    I have Mother May I to read soon, I had a five star read this week - Last Night by Mhairi McFarlane.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find a routine is really important for me. It's too easy to get distracted at home. So yeah, for finding what works for you. That's awesome! Yeah for lifted restrictions too. We need to learn to live with this thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I managed to read/listened to 8 books this week! That's a record for sure. Lol. I'm glad things are loosening up there in Motherland. While here in Canada, we're hitting the third wave with no end in sight. Our vaccine rollout is slow as molasses right now. Ugh.

    Anyway, have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your reading plans go well this week. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear the lockdown restrictions are being lifted a bit! Here we're having a spike in cases and they've been debating restrictions but are leaving it voluntary, for now. I guess we're in the middle of a surge. Anyway, I hope Little Bookshop picks up for you. I like th cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that your mom got her shot and your dad will be getting his soon. I really like the sound of Mother May I. I tried to schedule my reading for a while but I never seemed to want to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a really good idea to make a plan for reading. I usually plan the day in my head. If I'm really busy I just try to read in bed, but if I'm not too busy I plan some reading time after work :)

    I do want to read a bit more, so maybe planning ahead will help me with that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, and the format of this post by the way. I’m a bit late to this post, but I hope you accomplished your reading goals. I’m currently working my way through my first audiobook from the library, and have been enjoying it so far. Its Miranda Harts ‘Is it Just Me?’ She’s one of my fav comedians. I’m also half way through a book called ‘Simple Acts of Kindness – 500+ ways to make a difference.’ It’s quite good so far. Happy reading! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...