April 22, 2021

BOOKS FROM THE BACKLOG #28


Hi,

Books from the Backlog is a weekly feature hosted by Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books.

title:
 The Hunger
author: Alma Katsu   
genre: adult, horror
published: March 5th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons
my copy: paperback, 386 pages
purchase: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository
A tense and gripping reimagining of one of America's most haunting human disasters: the Donner Party with a supernatural twist. 
Evil is invisible, and it is everywhere. That is the only way to explain the series of misfortunes that have plagued the wagon train known as the Donner Party. Depleted rations, bitter quarrels, and the mysterious death of a little boy have driven the isolated travelers to the brink of madness. Though they dream of what awaits them in the West, long-buried secrets begin to emerge, and dissent among them escalates to the point of murder and chaos, unknowingly propelling them into one of the deadliest and most disastrous Western adventures in American history. 
As members of the group begin to disappear, the survivors start to wonder if there really is something disturbing, and hungry, waiting for them in the mountains...and whether the evil that has unfolded around them may have in fact been growing within them all along. Effortlessly combining the supernatural and the historical, The Hunger is an eerie, thrilling look at the volatility of human nature, pushed to its breaking point.
why did I get this. because it fits for one of my 2020 Popsugar Reading prompts and I never got to it. lmao. also I think it's dark (?). I've never read the actual synopsis to be honest (and I'm certainly not reading it now)
why is it still in my tbr. just never got to it.


HOW ABOUT YOU
Have you read these books? What do you think of this book? Should I put this at the top of my tbr?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this book can fit one of your 2021 prompts. LOL
    I would agree with you that this book is probably on the darker side being associated with the Donner Party and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...