April 14, 2021

Q1 Reading Stats + TBR Updates


Hi,

As I've generally used the blog as my reading diary of some sort where I just share everything I'm doing reading-wise, I thought why not do a quarterly update since I also would like to see my TBR progress. So here we are!

how much I've read so far!
For the first three months of the year, I've read 14 books out of my goal of 52 with 4,693 pages in total.

Right now, I'm ahead of my Goodreads Reading Challenge which I'm really happy about. I'm not a fast reader but I'm really glad with how I get through some books and still being on pace with my challenge despite having a 2-week off reading.

So far, I read 10 adult books and 4 young adult books. Although to be honest, I don't know where I'll classify Stranger Planet. lol. For genres, I read 10 contemporary*, 4 science fiction, 2 mystery/thriller/horror, 1 romance*, and 1 historical fiction.

*just a wild question or rambling I guess, I'm still unsure about my contemporary and romance tag. I separated romance from contemporary but now I'm thinking of going with chick lit instead of just romance then combining contemporary with literary fiction (not that I've read any so far). But whatever on that, I'll probably get to come up with something soon.

faves for Q1!


Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown
I appreciated this more this 3rd or 4th reread just because I took more time to really read it and really just put all my notes everywhere (yes, I finally annotated this!). I appreciated the characters more and while I do have a few complains about conveniences which I just realized this on this reread, for some reasons, I still let it pass because it all seems to still work out perfectly fine with Pierce Brown's writing. I still absolutely love Cassius and Sevro.
The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms
I didn't have much expectations for this one which is probably why I ended up really loving it. A romance between two librarians, making plans on how to make young adults reads more, and just a whole fun makeover for Amy Byler. This book is just all fun!! The conclusion is also just good! This made me want to read mroe fo Harms's books!
Waking Gods (Themis Files #2) by Sylvain Neuvel
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SEQUEL!! The thrill and never ending excitement of what else is going to happen, all those intriguing parts about alien invasion!, and OMG THAT ENDING!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY ABOUT THIS BUT I'M SO EXCITED TO GET THE THIRD BOOK!! (damn i hate you covid for restricting me from going out!!)

Special Mentions: Crazy Stupid Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adamns, Tender is the Flesh by Agustina Bazterrica, The Switch by Beth O'Leary, 

How's the TBR!
So far, I acquired 7 books in 3 months. All ebooks, of course, since I'm still very hesitant to take the bus to the bookstore and I don't drive at all. So there's that. Kindle Deals has been my friend.

10 Books I want to Read in 2021!: 2 of 10
JAN | Books I Got for Free: 4 of 10
FEB | Recent Ebook Hauls: 2 of 10
MAR | Books I Borrowed: 2 of 9

Clearly I haven't been doing that well but I'm still sticking to this. lol. My monthly goal is also to read 4 to 5 books. So I don't really expect myself to get through all 10 books I set every month, I just want the options and reading more than five books will be an amazing extra for me. I'm doing some extra reading plans just so I ca double the books I read or at least add a few more to those I read monthly.


How about you,
How's your reading so far? Are you getting through with your goals? What are you fave reads so far this year?

let's connect!

2 comments:

  1. Not bad! Looks like you could make you goal at this rate. Amy Byler is one I am interested in. Glad it was such a hit for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your self control. Ugh. Sometimes, I get 7 books in one weekend. *facepalm* Overall, you're well on your way to your goal for this year! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...