April 18, 2021

[WEEKEND READS] where a Bookshop-related book somewhat made me feel frustrated (?)


Hi,

This is such an uneventful week. It's the usual thing. I was busy with work. I finally finished the menu I've been working on for a couple of weeks now. Or at least I hope it's done. lol. There were parts about it that I really like and other parts just felt 'meh' but that's what they asked me to do, so whatever, I guess. I also submitted a few logo proposals but have yet to receive feedback on that but I hope those work out. 

On other things, the Yankees have been terrible and they're unbearable to watch. Such a pain. Feels like watching them is such a waste of time. I'm glad the other team I occasionally watch, the Cincinnati Reds, are going so well. I'm still out here watching every Yankees game though hoping they pick it up. I mean it's only almost three weeks into the season so, everything can change.

Reading-wise, I got through 339 pages this week. Such a let down as compared to last week's. Hopefully I can pick things up this coming week especially since Dewey's 24hr Readathon is happening this coming week. So there's that. I finished Mother May I though. I'll have my review up tomorrow. As planned I also started The Ask and The Answer and I started a new ebook (although not the one on my plans last week. lol). So I'd say my reading plans are generally okay.

current read

The Little Bookshop on the Seine (The Little Paris Collection #1) | Rebecca Raisin
I'm almost done with this but there's an extra novella about the Sarah and Ridge so I'll finish that before I really go over my thoughts but so far... I was really frustrated with Sarah since things started going down for her. I absolutely love the snapshot of Paris though as well as the people Sarah met in her stay there.

The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking #2) | Patrick Ness
I've only read a couple of chapters and it just feels like the first book. I like it, I'm enjoying it but I cannot say that I'm absorbed into it. I can keep on reading it though because it's a very easy read.

In a Field of Blue | Gemma Liviero
I read one of her novels, Broken Angels, and though I can't remember some of the details of that novel, I remember really loving and being heartbroken by it. So I'm really all for reading her books. This one is set a few years after WWI, I believe, and Rudy's brother who they believe may have died in war apparently has a child. And they're finding out years after his death. 

reading plans

I mentioned earlier how last week's plans turned out and while I barely got through it, here's another round of wild reading plan. lol. This one's very doable, in my opinion. I wanted to force myself to finish In a Field of Blue but given that it's an ebook, I doubt I can get to it. lol.

FINISH (mon): The Little Bookshop on the Seine
FINISH (thu/fri): The Ask and The Answer
START (fri): Murder at the Book Group

this week on the blog

I'm sorry I haven't get into replies and blog hopping. I will get to it tonight!!

REVIEW: Hourglass by Claudia Gray (old series. not good. won't recommend)
Q1 Reading Stats + TBR Updates (I like reminding myself of how much I've read. lol)
Books from the Backlog: Verity by Colleen Hoover


HOW ABOUT YOU
What books did you recently finish? What are you currently reading? Any new faves? Any recommendations? What do you think of these books? How was your week?

let's connect!
 

10 comments:

  1. I read The Little Bookshop on the Seine last year, but I don't remember much about it. Good luck with the Readathon. I always want to try it but never seem to have time. I love baseball and I'm a Yankees fan too. I watch the games, but I'm finding it very hard to sit through these days.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it last night while I had my frustrations, I think it was generally okay. And like you, I'll probably end up forgetting it in a year as well. Thank you. I always try the readathon and while I don't get to read the entire day, I do think I can read enough.
      Glad to meet a fellow Yankees fan. By now, I thought things would have gotten better but sadly, there's no positivity going on around there.

      Delete
  2. Little Bookshop on the Seine sounds so nice just for Paris haha. I'm sorry to hear about the Yankees. That's how I feel about the Red Wings. I'm not super into hockey but I love my red Wings, and after being so dominant so long they're kinda hard to watch these days lol.

    Anyway have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Setting and description-wise, I think that the book does an amazing job. Hard part about being sports fan is you still watch them even though they're being horrible and somehow hope they do better this time. lol.

      Delete
  3. Sorry your Yankees aren't doing great. It's not even the time of the season when they are dealing with tons of injuries, but they play a million games, so lots of time to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. There really is so much more games to go so I hope they get it together before it's too late.

      Delete
  4. I really want to read the Chaos Walking trilogy. I have had them on my Kindle forever it seems. I used to follow sports quite enthusiastically but it seems the only way to watch local sports anymore is to pay for cable, which I won't do. It is a shame because I used to love watching the Cardinals play. I hope that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on never getting into books on Kindle. There's just always so much options! hahaha. I watch mlb through mlb.tv. I can't with cable even because I don't live in the US. I believe the Cardinals are still generally good. Made the playoffs the past couple of years and Yadi and Waino are still together :)

      Delete
  5. I think I gave my Chaos Walking Trilogy away. I tried reading it, but it wasn't something I got into. Kudos to you, though! It's been a relatively slow reading week for me as well. Right now, I'm re-reading The Happy Ever After Playlist to knock this reading slump off. Ugh.

    I hope your week is going well. Happy reading, Czai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different reading tastes. It's totally understandable. I'm really enjoying just maybe not as much as others but I am willing to read through the entire series. Ahh, I think I have the first book of that series on my wishlist!! I hope you get over your sump, Joy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...